The 300-350 Show: Climate Camp(s) 2009
17th August, 2009
As the preparations for Climate Camp 2009 continue apace, Phil England presents this special programme looking at the scale and spread of this 21st century campaigning phenomenon...
55-minute special featuring the voices of Climate Camp activists.
Arthur of the London Camp for Climate Action media team is live in the studio discussing
- the rapid take-up of the Climate Camp model around the world – there are over a dozen Camps around the globe this year
- policing and legal aspects and
- the justification for direct action in the face of inaction to prevent devastating climate change
We have interviews with four London campers on
- what’s planned for this year’s camp
- legal and policing aspects
- the direct action training that’s on offer and
- the mass action that’s planned for later in the year
We also have four short statements from the Camps in Australia, New Zealand, US and Finland; and a range of voices taken from a recent Climate Camp promotional video.
Using this website means you agree to us using simple cookies.