Letter to Subscribers
Ecologist and Resurgence – a stronger voice for change
We are taking this opportunity to contact you to let you know that the Ecologist is merging with Resurgence magazine.
This is an exciting development as the Ecologist is returning to its roots in print, in collaboration with Resurgence. As pioneers in the environmental movement, the Ecologist and Resurgence have been instrumental in setting the environmental agenda for over 40 years – bringing critical issues into the mainstream through cutting-edge environmental journalism.
While the Ecologist has spearheaded social, scientific and political ecology, Resurgence has spearheaded cultural and artistic ecology. In bringing these aspects together in one unique publication, we hope to create a stronger voice for the environmental movement to inform and inspire change.
How the changes affects you
Following the merger, your subscription will be fulfilled by Resurgence. Resurgence magazine is currently published 6 times a year in print and online, by The Resurgence Trust, an educational charity that promotes ecological sustainability, social justice and ethical living. From September, The Resurgence Trust will publish a new magazine Resurgence and the Ecologist.
The hallmark cutting-edge analysis of the Ecologist will be continued within the pages of Resurgence and the name ‘the Ecologist’ will appear on the Resurgence cover. You will receive this joint publication in pdf format in place of your existing subscription to the Ecologist, with additional benefits.
You will receive
- Regular issues of the joint publication Resurgence and the Ecologist (digital edition)
- FREE sample copy of Resurgence July/August issue (digital edition) – the last issue before the merger, including a special feature on networking.
- Six months FREE extension to your existing Ecologist subscription, so you can take time to appreciate and enjoy the new magazine Resurgence and the Ecologist (digital edition).
- Optional upgrade to receive the printed version of the publication Resurgence and the Ecologist (a small charge will be made for postage). More details on how to do this will be sent later.
- A new monthly newsletter published by Resurgence containing information, news and updates on environmental issues, including web exclusive articles.
- Continued access to the existing archive via the Ecologist website. Full access to the Ecologist 2000-2009 archive, plus the monthly newsletters published by the Ecologist from 2009 – June 2012.
We will write to you again with details of how to access the complimentary copy of Resurgence (July/August issue), your future issues of the digital edition of the enhanced magazine and your extra copies (6 months free in addition to your existing subscription to the Ecologist).
Your existing account on the Ecologist website and access to the archive of magazines and newsletters will remain unchanged. Your existing user name and password for the Ecologist website will stay the same.
Newsletters published over the coming months will be added to your existing account, accessed via the Ecologist website. The Ecologist website will remain active and you will be informed of any new developments that affect your subscription.
If you have any questions regarding your subscription please see our frequently asked questions page on the website http://tinyurl.com/ecologist-questions. If you find that you would prefer not to receive the new package including the digital edition of the publication Resurgence and the Ecologist in place of your current subscription, please contact us to arrange a pro-rata refund. You can call us on 01371 851 879.
We invite you to find out more about Resurgence at http://www.resurgence.org. Content from the Ecologist website will gradually be transferred to the Resurgence website to provide an extensive ecological archive that will continue to serve as a roadmap for the environmental movement.
We’d like to thank you for your support to the Ecologist in the past and welcome your support going forwards. Through this merger, Resurgence and the Ecologist will remain at the forefront of what is now the global mainstream issue of promoting an ecological agenda both in the UK and abroad.
We very much hope that you will share our excitement about these changes and enjoy reading the joint publication Resurgence and the Ecologist.
Zac Goldsmith & Satish Kumar
the Ecologist editor-in-chief
Using this website means you agree to us using simple cookies.