The Empathy and Compassion in Society 2013 Conference
A groundbreaking conference featuring world experts who will explore what compassion is, how it can be cultivated, and what benefits it brings to the modern world........
Thursday 24 October 9.00 to 21.30
The Southbank Centre near Westminster
The post-conference workshops:
A one-day workshop on Friday 25 October
- Self-compassion and Emotional Resilience - Dr Kristin Neff (All Sectors)
- Compassion and Ethical Decision-Making -Tenzin Gyatso Institute (All sectors)
- A Toolkit for Compassion and Resilience in the Workplace and the Community - FDCW (All Sectors)
A two-day workshop on Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 October
- Cultivating Mindfulness and Empathy in Teaching - Mind with Heart (Education)
- Creating Compassionate Cultures in Schools and Families - Pam Cayton (All Sectors)
- Stress at Work: A Compassionate Approach - Maureen Cooper (All sectors)
- Compassion and Presence in Health and Social Care - The Spiritual Care Programme (Health and Social Care)
The event is preceded by a free youth gathering for secondary schools and youth groups on 23 October.
Organisations that book for four participants or more benefit from an additional reduction.
Is your organisation not able to support you to attend? Sponsored places and concessions are available by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
The conference and the workshops are CPD (Continued Professional Development) certified.
Empathy and Compassion in Society is a non-profit event supported by a partnership of charities, including Resurgence Trust, which publishes Resurgence & Ecologist magazine, and runs the Ecologist website.
All details on www.compassioninsociety.org
Using this website means you agree to us using simple cookies.