The Ecologist Communications Challenge Award
5th October 2011
The Ecologist is offering a chance for students to take part in The Ecologist Communications Challenge Award
Environmental messages needn’t be about sacrifice, reduction and going without. Living an ecologically sound life can be an enriching and rewarding experience. The Ecologist Communications Challenge Award is part of the Green Impact Student’s Unions and this year it encourages Unions to use the medium of film to present an environmental message.
This message should revolve around the issue of climate change and can feature a Union campaign or initiative either on campus, in the local community or further afield. The competition requires Unions wanting to take part to submit the one minute film by January 6th 2012. The videos should be well shot and have the ability to educate and inspire others on the importance of individual and collective action on environmental issues.
It is imperative that union’s entries stick to the guidelines below:
- Entry requirements:
- 1 image in jpeg format of no more than 2 mega bytes this will serve as the cover image for the film
- The film needs to be created by a student(s)
- The film must be 1 minute long
- An email of intent to enter must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Monday Dec 19th 2011 in order for your submission to be counted. Final films must be sent to the same address by 5pm on Jan 6th, 2012
- Each union should submit between 300 and 500 words with their submission explaining the background to the entry
- Films CANNOT contain copywritten material (video or audio). If you are using material that is covered by copyright and you have permission, please submit proof of this permission with your submission
- Unions are asked to remember that the films will be shown to a wide audience. The Ecologist has the right to remove entries if they are derogatory or offensive
All films which meet the criteria set out by the ecologist will be uploaded to our website for voting from Jan 10th, 2012 until March 9th, 2012.
Films will be voted on by the general public.
The winning students’ union will receive the Ecologist Communications Challenge Award with a presentation at the Annual Dinner in 2012. The university will also be given an institutional subscription to the Ecologist Premium Content.
Using this website means you agree to us using simple cookies.